We recognise that you have rights as a ‘data subject’, and that we have an obligation to uphold these.
This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
* How we collect and process your information
* Our lawful bases for doing this
* Our data retention periods
* How to “opt-out” of us contacting you or processing your data (i.e. who to contact and how to exercise your rights)
Depending on why we have collected your information, your information rights could include:
|Right to be informed||This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.|
|Right of access||You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.|
|Right to rectification||If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request we correct this.|
|Right to erasure||You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason us to continue processing|
|Right to restrictprocessing||You have the right to request we cease processing your data, if:* You consider it inaccurate or incomplete and we are verifying this* Where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it* Where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim|
|Right to dataportability||Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data be provided to a third party in electronic form|
|Right to object||You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to direct marketing|
How do we collect and process your data?
If you travel with Richmond Holidays, we will ask you to provide (for you and all passengers) details such as names, postal addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, and any special requirements such as dietary requirements, medical needs or measurements in order to supply correctly sized ski hire. You may also choose to disclose information to us such as religious beliefs; we do not request that you share this information with us, but if you would like us to inform our staff team of any personal information such as this, then this will be noted on your booking to be communicated with our team abroad.
We will need to pass on some of your details to our suppliers and Richmond staff members in order to deliver your holiday, some of which may be based outside the UK (such as names to the airlines, hotels, mailing houses, print companies, accountants or payment providers that we work with). We will not pass on your information to any third parties outside of our trusted suppliers. Information that you give will be retained by Richmond for the duration of our data retention period: personal details such as your name, email address, phone number and postal address will be used for Richmond marketing reasons such as posting brochures to you; other details such as your dietary requirements will be kept by Richmond but not used for marketing purposes. We do not store any financial information. If you wish us to remove any of your details from our database after your holiday, please email us as soon as possible (so that your request is in writing). When our data retention period is coming up, we will contact you to ask whether you would like us to keep in touch. Opting-in to this will result in us continuing to store and process your data as above, until 5 years has passed again, or you request us to remove your information from our database.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of your information held by us; please email us if this is something that you would like.
Our Lawful Bases for Processing your Data
- If you have a current holiday booking with us, our lawful basis for processing your data is contractual. That is, we process your data in order to supply the holiday you have with us.
- If you have made a holiday booking, received a quote, requested a brochure from us, requested to go on a waiting list, had any email (Mailchimp) activity, changed your address with us or “opted-in” in the last 5 years, then we have a legitimate interest in marketing our holidays to you to increase sales. This can be done by post, email or phone by the Richmond Team.
- If you have not made a holiday booking, received a quote, requested a brochure from us, requested to go on a waiting list, had any email (Mailchimp) activity or changed your address with us our lawful basis is consent. This means that you have provided freely-given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent to the processing of your data through positively opting-in to our processing of your data. If consent is not provided or is withdrawn at any point, then we will remove your data and not process it.
Our Data Retention Periods
As a Richmond Customer, we will retain your data for 5 years following your most recent holiday booking, quote, brochure request, email (I.e. Mailchimp) activity, waiting list request, address update or opt-in notice. You have the right to opt-out at any point and we will delete your data with immediate effect. When this retention period is coming to an end, we will contact you to notify you that will be deleting your data and asking if you would like to “opt-in” to continue to allow us to process your data for marketing purposes.
How to Opt-out of Richmond Processing your Data
You can opt-out of us processing your data at any time. The best way to update your communication preferences is at www.richmond-holidays.com/keep-in-touch.
- To remove yourself entirely from Richmond’s records, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To stop receiving our email Newsletters (sent through Mailchimp): All of our email Newsletters will have an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Please click this and follow the instructions
- To stop receiving Richmond’s brochures, please email us at email@example.com
- To be removed from any marketing phone calls, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact us regarding any of your rights, please email email@example.com
Please note that you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/